2019 Schedule of Events
Skating Information - *** Note the change of venue for the Friday after-skate and the Saturday evening event ***
Due to the construction at the Art Museum, all skates are starting at the bottom of the steps.
Friday afternoon 3:00 pm skate: 11.7 miles - Intermediate to Advanced - led by Cliff - "The Cool Places Bill Stoppard Would Want to Skate in Philly" - This will be a great warm-up skate you won't want to miss! There will be some fun hills, but everyone can go at their own pace - we'll group-up as often as necessary. Bill will be joining us!
Friday evening 7:00 pm skate: 12 miles - Intermediate - led by Christoph (Doug is on IR but will be attending some skates) - "Philly By Night for Tourists" - A true City Skate hitting all the touristy sites.
- Track Skate - http://glympse.com/!PFS2019FridayEvening
- Facebook Hashtag - #PFS2019FridayEvening
- Skate Route Download - GPX File
- Google Map - PFS2019FridayEvening
- Water stop & demo skates change - Headhouse Plaza - 530 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Friday evening post-skate (about) 9:30 pm - For our Friday night after skate, we will be enjoying each other's company at the current location of Philly's Parks ON TAP. It's a traveling beer garden that sets up at different locations each week throughout the summer season. For our weekend, it's located at Matthias Baldwin Park. It's only a half a block North of our past Friday night venue. So, parking options will be the same as last year.
- Locals, please bring chairs - extras would be great.
- Park On Tap requires a free membership to enter. It can be completed at the venue, but it's much faster to do it here parksontap.com/membership now or before you arrive.
- Don't forget that you must be present to win the swag from Rollerblade and Sonic Sports.
Saturday morning 10:00 am skate: 19 miles - Advanced - "Swedish Cabin Skate" - We'll be skating west this year to check out the oldest log cabin in the the area (dates from 1640!) that sits on the banks of the Darby creek where we'll also check out a scenic waterfall representing the remains of an old mill. You'll experience urban Philly, some western suburbs, and a bit of scenic nature on this skate. A few hills but not a particularly hilly skate. Rest stop midway.
- Track Skate - http://glympse.com/!PFS2019SaturdayMorning
- Facebook Hashtag - #PFS2019SaturdayMorning
- Skate Route Download - GPX File
- Google Map - PFS2019SaturdayMorning
- Water stop & demo skates change - Murray's Bar & Grill, 524 E Baltimore Ave, Clifton Heights, PA 19018
Saturday afternoon 4:00 pm skate: 12 miles - Intermediate - led by Michael - "Circling the Squares " - Stops at each of Philly's historic squares will be just part of this skate of William Penn's planned city.
Saturday evening post-skate 7:30 pm: Meet at Con Murphy's Irish Pub across from the hotel - https://conmurphyspub.com/ - We have space upstairs reserved with seating out front based on availability. Don't forget that you must be present to win the swag from Rollerblade and Sonic Sports.
1700 BENJAMIN FRANKLIN PARKWAY, (AT THE WINDSOR SUITES), PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103 TEL: (267) 687-1128
There will be a rest stop on each skate. All group-ups are on the east side of the art museum.
You must sign a waiver prior to participation in the skates. Waivers will be distributed before the skates at the art museum.
Please bring water - it's going to be hot!